What to Look for When Buying CBD
CBD is all the rage it seems, with businesses popping up left and right—all claiming they have the best CBD in town. You may have even seen CBD being sold at your local gas station. With all of this CBD everywhere you turn, the hemp experts at Verda Hemp are here to guide you toward the right places. Here are some things to look for when buying CBD:
- Reputable Source – As with any new product, you always need to do your research! You want to make sure the CBD you’re buying is not only effective, but is safe for you to put into or onto your body.
- COA – A COA, or certificate of analysis, helps guarantee the quality of a CBD product by providing third-party laboratory testing. A CBD company that provides COAs has established some credibility and proved that they are honest and trustworthy. Check out an example of what a COA should look like, featuring our hemp smokes!
- List of Ingredients – You always want to know exactly what’s in your product, especially in cases of allergies and irritants. Always look for clear labeling on the outer packaging or on the product itself.
- CBD:THC Ratio – Depending on your preferences, you may want CBD on its own, or perhaps you’re looking for a little bit of that THC boost included in your product. Here are some of the terms to look out for:
- CBD isolate: Has no THC present, just pure CBD.
- Broad-spectrum: Includes terpenes and other cannabinoids, in addition to CBD.
- Full-spectrum: Includes terpenes, other cannabinoids, CBD, and a small amount of THC. Many people specifically look for this combination of compounds with the idea that they work together to enhance the effects of the CBD and provide a noticeably distinct experience.
Our final tip: Always ask questions if you are unsure! A trustworthy CBD provider should be able to answer any question and tell you all about the products they are selling. As always, you can check in with the staff at Verda Hemp with any questions related to hemp and CBD products.